Some problems with your braces may arise when our office is closed. If so, please look over the list for a quick fix until an appointment is scheduled. If emergency treatment is needed, we encourage you to call Dr. Potts at the emergency phone number you were given at the time of your banding.
- • Loose Band or BracketIf the band or bracket is still attached to the wire, leave it in place. If uncomfortable, place wax on it. If it comes out completely, put in a safe place and bring to your visit. Make sure to brush well around the loose bracket.
- • Loose WireCarefully try to place the wire back in with tweezers or fingers. If that is not possible, clip the wire with fingernail clippers. If uncomfortable, place wax on it.
- • Poking WireCarefully try to clip wire with fingernail clippers. If uncomfortable, place wax on it.
- • Loose ApplianceDo not attempt to remove the appliance, but make sure to brush well around the loose area. If the appliance has come completely out, put in a safe place until an appointment can be made.
- • Lost colored tieOkay until the next appointment unless it has caused the wire to come out.
- • Development of sore or other irritationWe recommend a warm saltwater rinse. If a sharp edge is causing the irritation, place wax on it and call the office to schedule an appointment.